No Place like Home with Otto Alcon
"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in." Robert Frost
It is my job to help make this happen. New and existing home sales have been rising steadily. The market is good to both sell and purchase right now. Winter is coming on, and sales will slow slightly, but if you are thinking of selling, it is time to get your home ready for January listings.
- What will it take for your home to be the 'home sweet home' for someone else?
- 80 percent of home buyers are now looking online.
- Generation Y accounts for 68% of all first time home buyers.
- 83% of all home buyers want to see pictures of the property online.
- 52% of all home buyers used an iPhone in their home search.
- Agents expect 49% of their leads will come from referrals in 2016.
- 91% of realtors use social media.
- 73% of all buyers say they would use their agent again or recommend them to a friend. (Yes, I think this goes for Loan officers as well.)
- 42% of buyers' first step was looking online for a home.
- 33% of first time buyers are first researching online.
- 31% of millennials are looking to buy a home and want to buy within two years.
- It was be 35% cheaper to buy than rent in 2016 here in the United States.
Statistics from Contactually Blog.
Otto Alcon, Branch Manager, Loan Consultant, Geneva Financial LLC Michigan